Alan McSkimming named an unchanged team from the weekends victory at Camelon for the visit of Tayport to Laing Park

The biggest moment of the first half came after 10 minutes when the referee waved away claims for a Carnoustie penalty when a player was clipped from behind in the box. Despite the strong appeals referee Leslie signalled play on

25 minutes in and Tayport could have easily been down to 10 men when Suttie went in hard on Scott but the right back escaped with a yellow.
Shortly after Macpherson tipped a great shot over the bar denying Tayport the lead

Despite chances for both sides the first half ended 0-0

Five minutes after the restart Tayport played in a low cross and the resulting shot went off the bar and away for a goal kick.

On the 56th minute Carnoustie were forced into their first change when Roche replaced Buggins at the heart of the defence.
Play restarted with a corner to The Gowfers but the header was dealt with by the keeper.

Five minutes later Carnoustie won a freekick on the edge of the box for handball. McCabe took the freekick but the keeper saved.

With The Gowfers looking to breakthrough Simpson replaced McIlravey on the 64th minute.

Shortly after Scott laid the ball off to Roberts but the shot when over the bar.

A couple of minutes later Roberts had another chance but this time the shot from range was narrowly wide.

27 minutes into the second half Tayport had a great chance to take the lead when a cross come shot was deflected away for a corner.
From the corner they got a shot away beating Macpherson but it was cleared off the line

With 11 minutes to play the deadlock was finally broken when Macdonald made a great run down the left and played the ball to JAMIE McCABE who went on a mazy run and fired the ball past the Tayport keeper.

Smith replaced Gray and could have bagged himself a 5 minute hat trick with Tayport pushing for the draw.

The first came when he was played through 1-on-1 with the keeper only for his shot to roll inches wide

2 minutes later he had another chance with his shot going out for a corner. Trying to run down the clock the ball was held in the corner for a while.

Then in the final minutes another shot was saved and chested back to the keeper.

The referee blew for full time with the win taking Carnoustie Panmure top of the league with 3 wins out of 4



Date Time League Season
August 19, 2015 7:00 pm East Region Super League North 2015/16




Carnoustie Panmure1
Yellow Cards
Red Cards