Gowfers manager Alan McSkimming named an unchanged side to the starting 11 who were narrowly beaten by Bo’ness the previous week.

Carnoustie started the match the brighter and almost took an early lead in the 11th when Scott crossed to Gray who narrowly headed over.

15 minutes into the game Buggins fouled a St Andrews player 10 yards outside the box, however the shot was wide of the post.

The clearest chance of the first half came after 33 minutes, when a Roberts cross fell to Simpson on the corner of the box, Simpson hit a great shot which the St Andrews keeper saved well tipping it away for a corner, said corner was cleared away for another corner which was also cleared.

Scott picked the ball up and made a dangerous run to the byline and crossed to Gray, but Grays shot was blocked on the line.

A few minutes later Roberts made what looked like a good tackle on the edge of the box, the referee deemed it to be a foul and the St Andrews low freekick was blocked by the wall.

The Gowfers went on the counter attack and Marc Scott was fouled, McCabe’s freekick was just wide.

Just before half time Scott was fouled out wide, McCabe played in the freekick but it was headed clear for a corner. The Saints keeper flapped at the corner but his defence cleared the ball and they went on the counter. The got as far as the edge of the box when Roche tackled and the referee deemed it a foul resulting in a booking for the young defender. Buggins cleared the freekick and it was Carnoustie’s turn to counter attack. This was stopped by a foul on Simpson.


The second half continued as the first had finished until the 60th minute when a 30 yard shot was saved well by Macpherson in the Carnoustie goal for a corner, which was punched clear by Macpherson.

A couple of minutes later a corner was cleared off the line by Roche and Carnoustie went on the counter with Scott being fouled again.

In the 66th minute Scot went on a dangerous run and squared the ball to McCabe who’s shot was saved by the Saints keeper for a corner

Shortly after a foul on McCabe on the edge of the box saw Wedderburn earn a second yellow card and an early shower.

The deadlock was finally broken 11 minutes from time when Smith took advantage of a short back pass and went through 1 on 1 with Bruce in the Saints goal taking out Smith, the referee awarded a penalty and gave Bruce his marching orders.

RODDY BLACK claimed the ball and the substitutes first duty was to pick the ball out of the net after a shot down the middle.

Carnoustie started to put their 2 man advantage to use and almost doubled their lead when Smith played the ball to McCabe who played in McIlravey, the keeper saved McIlravey’s shot well and the ball well to McCabe who put his shot over.

3 minutes into stoppage time the lead was doubled when a long ball was played to McCabe who timed his run perfectly, his shot was saved but the ball came to PAT SMITH who headed the ball home.

The referee blew for full time with the result taking The Gowfers into 2nd place in the league behind Bo’ness Utd with a 100{7c374192a6b4ab3759a998c7ed91b6a23e4a55c5a2bdeefb0f495d9809378483} home record intact

Carnoustie Panmure:
Macpherson, Cook, Macdonald, Roche(Millar), Buggins, Roberts, Simpson(McIlravey), Black, McCabe, Gray(Smith), Scott

St Andrews:
Bruce, McMullan, McInnes, Wedderburn, Patrick, Deane(Clarkson), McManus(Kelly), Sturrock, Schiavone, Whitehead, Thomson(Holden).


Date Time League Season
August 29, 2015 2:30 pm East Region Super League North 2015/16




Carnoustie Panmure2
Yellow Cards
Red Cards