Hill of Beath v Carnoustie Panmure



With both Scott Gray and Ryan Roche missing due to injury Alan McSkimming made a number of changes to the team that played Arbroath Vics the previous week.  The Gowfers started the game sharp and when Scott was fouled on the edge of the box after 1 minute. McIlravey had an early chance to test the Hill of Beath keeper. However the freekick was played back into the keepers hands.  With 8 minutes played MacPherson raced out his goal to try close down the Haws player wide in the box. Sadly for Carnoustie this left the chance for Hill of Beath to open the scoring rolling the ball into an empty net.  It was double trouble 10 minutes later when a corner got played in resulting in a scramble in the box with the Haws players heading past MacPherson to make it 2-0.  A couple of minutes later Millar played a great ball through to Smith, who crossed in to Scott, but the wingers shot was over the bar.  Just before the half hour mark Black had a shot blocked on the edge which went behind for a corner. McIlravey took the corner which was cleared back out. McIlravey crossed the ball back in to Buggins who headed narrowly wide.  In the 33rd minute The Gowfers finally broke the deadlock. McIlravey played a freekick in for JAMIE MCCABE to hammer the ball past the Haws keeper.  Carnoustie continued to press for the equaliser and minutes after scoring they had 3 shots cleared off the line.  Just before half time the equaliser came when the ball was played in to GORDON MACDONALD to smash it in.  Half Time  Hill of Beath 2-2 Carnoustie Panmure  In the 51st minute Smith played the ball into Black who’s shot was saved well by the Haws keeper.  Just before the hour mark Hill of Beath thought they had retaken the lead however the goal was deemed to have been offside and the scores stayed at 2-2.  78 minutes in Hill of Beath had a shot from the edge however it went over without testing MacPherson. A minute later Scott, who had terrorised the Haws defence all game, was brought down in the box and without hesitation the referee pointed to the spot. Up stepped RODDY BLACK to put The Gowfers ahead with just 10 minutes left on the clock.  4 minutes from time Carnoustie could have extended the lead after some superb work between Scott and McCabe gave Gersok a great chance to score but his shot was wide of the mark.  After 4 minutes of stoppage time the referee blew for full time and The Gowfers excellent start to the season continued.  Carnoustie Panmure MacPherson, McGeehan, MacDonald, Millar, Buggins, Roberts, McIlravey(Simpson), Black, McCabe, Smith(Gersok), Scott Not used Cormack, Cook & Neath.


Date Time League Season
03/10/2015 14:30 East Region Super League North 2015/16


Hill of Beath2
Carnoustie Panmure3
Yellow Cards
Red Cards

League Table


Follow us online