Share This Post

McBookie.com East Super League (Picture By Ian Cunningham)

In an incredible game at Albyn Park, Broxburn eventually ran out 7- 2 winners against Newtongrange Star after the visitors had led at half time. Kenny O’Brien put Star ahead from the spot but Beasley equalised for Broxburn straight after half time. Darren Gribben then put his side in front from the spot himself before Star were reduced to ten men when Zander Murray was sent off. From the resulting free kick, Nick Locke headed Broxburn 3-1 in front and then Zander Miller helped himself to a brace to make it 5-1. Kyle Scott pulled one back for Newtongrange from yet another penalty but Broxburn weren’t finished as a Kieran Anderson double made it 7-2 at full time.

Lochee United continued there bright start to the season with a comfortable 3-1 win at Camelon. United took the lead just before half time through Connor Birse to go in deservedly in front, however, the home side equalised on 67 minutes through Alan Sneddon but rather than spur Camelon on, Lochee raised their game and scored twice in four minutes, first Scott McComiskie scored from a free kick on 77 minutes and Birse scored his second on 81 to make sure the points headed back to Dundee.

Carnoustie Panmure’s winning run came to an abrupt end at home to leaders Penicuik Athletic. The Gowfers had been second best but had held Johnny Harvey’s side until the last fifteen minutes. Lewis Barr scored the first on 75 minutes, slotting the ball in at the near post before Jack Hamilton was allowed to race on to a through ball, despite looking offside, to make it two, four minutes later. The third came on 87 minutes when Derek Paterson appeared to be harshly penalised for handball and Lumbert Kateleza scored from the spot.

Dundonald Bluebell came out on top in the Fife Derby with Kennoway Star Haearts at Moorside Park, leaving the visitors still looking for their first win of the season. Calum Smith scored twice for Bluebell after 32 and 65 minutes before Barry Sibanda hit what proved to be the winner, fifteen minutes from time. Matthew Gay and Chris Gay were on target for Kennoway.

Arguably the result of the day was Hill Of Beath’s demolition of Bo’ness United at Keirs Park. The Haws took the lead on 28 minutes when Calum Adamson reacted fastest when a penalty was saved and four minutes later Shaun Leishman made it two, four minutes later. Two minutes before half time, Lewis Elder put the homeside three in front with the visitors in disarray. The game was over within 60 seconds of the restart when Adamson scored his second and his sides fourth and although Scott Sally pulled a goal back for the visitors just after the hour, there was no way back and Greig Smith capped a great afternoon for Kevin Fotheringham’s side with a fifth goal with eight minutes left on the clock.

Penicuik may be top but Bonnyrigg Rose showed just why they are favourites for the title with a comfortable 4-1 win over Jeanfield Swifts at Riverside Stadium. Jonathan Brown put the Rose in front on the half hour but Chris Scott equalised against the run of play mid way through the second half. The visitors upped the pressure and regained the lead with fifteen to go thanks to a Dean Brett header. Kieran McGachie made it three on 80 minutes before Brown hit a fourth right on full time.

With new boss Jim Finlayson watching from the sidelines, Broughty Athletic produced an error strewn performance to lose 4-1 at Linlithgow Rose. Tommy Coyne seized on some careless play on the edge of the Broughty box to put his side in front on 28 minutes and then five minutes later was left all alone on the six yard box to put the ball in to an open net. Owen Ronald was then allowed space and time after Iain Ross came rushing out, to make it 3-0 with seven minutes remaining of the half. Roddy Maclennan made it four with ten minutes left after he was given the freedom of the penalty area to slot the ball home. Dayle Robertson’s late goal was a scant consolation for Broughty who were sizeable contributors to their own downfall

Forfar West End recorded their first away win of the season and lifted themselves off the bottom of the table with a fine 3-0 victory at Sauchie. Graeme Hart scored twice for Daryl McKenzies side with David Rae scoring the other as they got revenge over last season’s Premier League champions.

More To Explore

League Table


Follow us online



Follow us online